The Max Planck Institute of Animal Behavior at its sites in Konstanz and Radolfzell offers an international, interdisciplinary and collaborative environment that opens up unique research opportunities. The goal of our basic research is to develop a quantitative and predictive understanding of the decisions and movements of animals in their natural environment.
We are looking to fill the following position as soon as possible. The workplace will be primarily in Konstanz.
Science Communicator (m/f/d)
- Development and implementation of communication strategies and measures
- Preparation of scientific content for various forms of publication (website, press releases and press conferences, annual reports, social media, etc.)
- Development and implementation of content for our website and online communication
- Advising scientists on questions of press and public relations and internal communications
- Conception and organization of public events at the institute
- Establishing and maintaining contacts with regional and national press representatives, development and maintenance of a national and international media network
- Main contact person for all media enquiries
- Monitoring and reporting on the success / influence of the Institute's media activities
- Editorial work/participation in reporting
- university degree in communication management, journalism, public relations, media sciences
- several years of relevant professional experience is desirable
- Experience in concept development and strategic communications consulting
- Experience in project management
- Knowledge in the field of science communication
- high level of commitment and communication skills
- secure handling of MS Office applications, social media, content management systems
- good understanding of research and socio-political interrelationships
- very good verbal and written language skills in English
- diplomatic skills, strong organizational talent and flexibility, high social competence
An interesting job in an open-minded team. We offer a responsible and varied work place in a growing interdisciplinary and international research institute. The payment is made in accordance with your experience and qualification and the collective agreement for the public service (TVöD-Bund), but not higher than the salary group 13.
Questions about this position will be answered by the Science Coordinators Dr. Mäggi Hieber Ruiz and Dr. Daniel Piechowski (email@example.com).
The Max Planck Society endeavors to employ more severely disabled people. Applications of severely disabled persons are expressly welcome. The Max Planck Society strives for gender and diversity equality. We welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Are you interested? Then we are looking forward to receiving your application (including an example piece of scientific writing aimed at public audiences) until September, 23 2020 under this link: https://s-lotus.gwdg.de/mpg/maor/perso/ornr_s033.nsf/application.