Dr. Genevieve E. FinertyPostdoc
I am an ecologist, broadly, interested in the interface between spatial and behavioural ecology. As well as a focus on fundamental ecology, I am also interested in how theory can be used to inform conservation and management efforts. These days I mostly work with lions, using long-term datasets on movement and observations to explore how the distribution and richness of resources drive social and spatial structure in populations. I enjoy using quantitative approaches (mostly in R) and working collaboratively.
- Oct 2020 - June 2021 Postdoc, Department of Zoology, University of Oxford, UK
- Jan 2015 - Sep 2015 Research Biologist, Leopard Ecology & Conservation, BWA
- Jan 2014 - Oct 2014 Visiting Researcher, Czech Academy of Sciences, CZ
- 2021 DPhil in Zoology, Department of Zoology, University of Oxford, UK
- 2012 MSc in Ecology, Evolution & Conservation, Imperial College London, Silwood Campus, UK
- 2009 BSc in Biology, Imperial College London, UK