Youn Jae KangIMPRS Doctoral Student
• 2019, graduated Masters program (MSc Neuroscience) at UCL with grade merit and grade distinction on the project, London, UK.
• 2017, studied at Yonsei medical graduate school on full scholarship. GPA 4.22/4.30. did not graduate.
• 2015, studied at University of Pennsylvania, PA, US, as an exchange. GPA=3.96/4.00
• 2013-2017, graduated Yonsei University, Seoul, South Korea. Bachelor of Arts, major Psychology. GPA 4.11/4.30.
• MSc project at Jason Rihel’s lab on zebrafish sleep model. main tools include crispr-Cas9 gene knock-outs, in-situ hybridization, qPCR, and behavioral tracking.
• worked as research assistant at Christopher Fiorillo’s neurocomputation lab at Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology. main job includes data analysis, and lab management.
• worked previously at Jong-Eun Lee’s medical sciences lab at Yonsei University on Alzheimer’s disease. main tools include western blot, primary cell culture, immune histo/cyto chemistry, and mouse behavioral tasks such as water maze, FR task, novel object recognition, and touch screen apparatus for spatial memory task.
• poster presentation at Korean Society for Brain and Neural Science, on “synaptic deficits in mice brain caused by long-term high fat diet induced neurodegenerative injury.”
• worked as an RA in the animal behavior lab focusing on bird behavior and grasshopper jumping physics, 2015. Seoul National University, Seoul, South Korea. main tools include video- tracking and analysis.
• worked as an RA in developmental psychology lab focusing on linguistic and cognitive development of children, 2014. Yonsei University, Seoul, South Korea. main tools include infant eye tracking.