Modeling collectives and collectives modeling
Institute Seminar by Gonzalo Polavieja
- Date: Jun 13, 2023
- Time: 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM (Local Time Germany)
- Speaker: Gonzalo Polavieja
- Dr. Gonzalo de Polavieja is heading the Research Group 'Mathematics of Behavior and Intelligence' at the Champalimaud Foundation and Founder at Algebraic AI Inc. HIs interests are in trying to understand what happens between data and a model.
- Location: University of Konstanz
- Room: ZT1202 + online
- Host: Max Planck Institute of Animal Behavior
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
I will talk about two themes in the lab. One is how we approach the modeling of collective animal behavior. I will discuss from principled to Machine Learning methods and describe which advantages and limitations we found for each of them. The second theme is more theoretical and asks how a collective of artificial agents can make useful models to solve problems, for example how a collective of artificial agents can make machine learning models.
The MPI-AB Seminar Series is open to members of MPI and Uni Konstanz. The zoom link is published each week in the MPI-AB newsletter.